THE OPPORTUNITY & CHALLENGE
Have you ever wondered where the WeWorks, Airbnbs, and Ubers of the world came from? It’s easy enough to just enjoy these brands that sprung up and not think about how they came to be. The reality is that they were built from the ground up by many dedicated people committed to taking a new idea and making it feel as though the world could not live without it. We at WhyHotel are carving out our own industry-changing company starting by making pop up hotels a thing. We are bringing flexibility to the most inflexible asset ever, high-rise real estate. Today, our hotels operate out of newly constructed apartment buildings (explainer video here); however, this is just the start. We are using our current platform as the springboard to further blur the line between hospitality, home, and work. Our goal is to build the engine that makes real estate better, smarter, and more flexible for consumers, developers, investors, and cities alike.
With 3 hotels and growing, WhyHotel has secured around $15M in venture-financing in less than 18 months and is poised to scale. We have a staff of 50 today, we are now seeking a 200+ A team players to join us in 2019. If you’re interested in joining a fun, fast-paced, high-growth start-up, read on.
To play a pivotal role in sourcing, analyzing, and establishing WhyHotel locations across the country. To be the engine behind systemizing pop-up hotel underwriting and to work directly with our SVP of Acquisitions & Development to evaluate and execute opportunities nationally. You’ll also be a major contributor toward developing investment decision recommendations and facilitating the financing necessary to execute them.
You will have been a key part of a revolution across the hospitality and residential real estate sectors and you were the one who executed major transactions to get it off the ground. Specifically, you played a critical role in getting deals done and laying the blueprint for all future investment processes.
YOUR CHARGE (WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING)
Over the first 6 weeks:
1. Retool our initial underwriting models in close collaboration with the SVP, Acquisitions & Development and the Senior Associate Own the critical databases, including developer and broker contacts, pipeline of opportunities, and potential partners
By 12 weeks:
1. Develop the Investment Committee Memorandum template to be drafted for senior management to make critical investment decisionsSystematize the pop-up underwriting process
Within 6 months:
1. Gain a solid understanding of our deal process from sourcing to closing.
1. Spearhead initial underwriting of all pop up opportunities, create Investment Committee Memorandum, and develop all necessary financing materials.
HOW YOU'LL GO ABOUT IT
1. You hear and see yourself in more of our core values than not. And you’re really excited to live by them.
2. 2+ years in a role requiring extensive financial analyses.
3. You are highly organized. You excel at managing your time and resources proactively to knock your goals out of the park.
4. You are a stellar communicator. You are effectively and efficiently able to communicate lots of nitty gritty detail with your fellow team members and management in a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving sales environment.
5. You excel at steep learning curves. A lot of information will be thrown at you early and often. You have demonstrated success thinking on your feet and not allowing your learning process to hinder your ability to building a pipeline of deals that close.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2019
- Start Date: March 2019.
- Salary + Perks: Salary commensurate with experience - please be sure to tell us your salary expectations in our application. We match up to 100% of every dollar you contribute to our 401(k) up to 4%, you’ll get shares in the company after your first quarter. We also provide medical and dental insurance and we’ll reimburse you $75/monthly for your cell phone or give you a new one.
- Manager: You’ll report to our new SVP of Acquisitions and Development
- Team Beats Individual: We are in this together. We hold all team members responsible for bringing talent into our organization and guests to our hotels - afterall, it’s the only way we’re going to grow.
At WhyHotel, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our staff, our work and our community. WhyHotel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.