THE OPPORTUNITY & CHALLENGE
Have you ever wondered where the WeWorks, Airbnbs, and Ubers of the world came from? It’s easy enough to just enjoy these brands that sprung up and not think about how they came to be. The reality is that they were built from the ground up by many dedicated people committed to taking a new idea and making it feel as though the world could not live without it. We at WhyHotel are carving out our own industry-changing company starting by making pop up hotels a thing. We are bringing flexibility to the most inflexible asset ever, high-rise real estate. Today, our hotels operate out of newly constructed apartment buildings (explainer video here); however, this is just the start. We are using our current platform as the springboard to further blur the line between hospitality, home, and work. Our goal is to build the engine that makes real estate better, smarter, and more flexible for consumers, developers, investors, and cities alike.
With 3 hotels and growing, WhyHotel has secured around $15M in venture-financing in less than 18 months and is poised to scale. We have a staff of 50 today, we are now seeking a 200+ A team players to join us in 2019. If you’re interested in joining a fun, fast-paced, high-growth start-up, read on.
You (and your team) are the engine that propels our growth in multiple markets across the country. Your mission is to own your regional territory and everything that happens in it. You will build out a network of industry relationships in your region, track an on-going development pipeline, and continually source leads for future prospective pop-up hotels within your designated markets. You will work closely with support staff to manage all aspects of your territory, and continuously meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual goals. You will be assigned one of three Growth Lead Specialists who will help support you and your Western territory.
You will have built out and defined the sales function for an industry-changing company. You will have played a critical role in helping to develop the team and regional offices that will form the backbone of WhyHotel's sales organization for the foreseeable future.
YOUR CHARGE (WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING)
Over the first 4 weeks:
1. Travel multiple times to Corporate HQ for on-boarding, team building and training.
2. Partner closely with your manager - the Director, Real Estate and Partnerships - and support staff to formulate individual territory strategy, and plan of action.
3. Run at your goal as fast as you can!
By end of Q2, 2019:
1. Build out a Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) deal pipeline.
2. Own full scope of your goals, opportunity life cycle, territory planning, and travel schedule.
3. Develop and demonstrate to your manager (through emails, 1x1 discussions, and meeting performance) your systematic and effective marketing and sales approach.
4. Manage your assigned business development representative to help them achieve individual goals.
By end of Q3, 2019:
1. Continue Building a SQL pipeline of additional projects, including new deals under signed letter of intent.
2. Assist closing active pipeline deals.
By end of Q4 2019:
1. Continue Building a SQL pipeline of additional projects, including additional new deals under signed letter of intent.
2. Assist closing additional active pipeline deals.
3. Close more new deals from your active pipeline.
1. Close on your quarterly goals!
2. Make trips to HQ at least once a quarter
3. Market visits at least one week a month
4. Report to management weekly
HOW YOU'LL GO ABOUT IT
1. You have extensive experience in client facing roles, delivering sales presentations and have worked in or around the multi family real estate industry.
2. You have extensive contacts in the real estate sector and come with a rolodex that you can leverage for helping us close deals with real estate developers.
3. You are highly organized. You excel at managing your time and resources proactively to knock your goals out of the park.
4. You are a stellar communicator. You can navigate conversations in a competitive industry and get deals to close. You are effectively and efficiently able to communicate lots of nitty gritty detail with your fellow team members and management in a highly dynamic and rapidly evolving sales environment.
5. You have a sophisticated sales IQ. You must be able to manage a complex and potentially lengthy sales process. You know what levers to pull and when to pull them, in order to drive prospective partners towards a desired outcome.
6. You have at least 5-10 years of experience in a quota bearing role (either in inside or outside sales).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Answers to Your Questions: We have answered many of your candidate questions in our insider candidate playbook HERE. Please read this before you apply.
- Start Date: July 2019.
- Salary + Perks: Salary commensurate with experience - please be sure to tell us your salary expectations in our application. We match up to 100% of every dollar you contribute to our 401(k) up to 4%, you'll get shares in the company, we provide medical and dental insurance and we'll reimburse you $75/monthly for your cell phone.
- Manager: You will report to the awesome Nate Raymond, VP Real Estate and Partnerships. Once we hire Regional Managers you'll report to one of them.
- Team Beats Individual: We are in this together. We hold all team members responsible for bringing talent into our organization and guests to our hotels - afterall, it's the only way we're going to grow.
At WhyHotel, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our staff, our work and our community. WhyHotel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.